Former Colorado OL Savion Washington transfers to Syracuse

Joe Zhao | Asst. Photo Editor

Former Colorado offensive lineman Savion Washington is transferring to Syracuse, he announced on Instagram. The 6-foot-8 tackle started nine games in 2023 for the Buffaloes.

Former Colorado offensive lineman Savion Washington is transferring to Syracuse, he announced Tuesday on his Instagram. It’s SU’s first major transfer commitment since April 16, when the Orange landed former Notre Dame cornerback Clarence Lewis. 247Sports has Washington rated as the No. 64 offensive tackle transfer in the country.

Washington — a 6-foot-8, 320-pound tackle — transferred to Colorado from Kent State entering the 2023 season as a senior. He only spent one year with the Buffaloes. In his lone year under head coach Deion Sanders, Washington played in 10-of-12 games and started in nine of them. He was positioned at right tackle for all 660 total snaps that he took. Per Pro Football Focus, Washington earned a 69.4 pass blocking grade.

Prior to Colorado, Washington attended Kent State from 2020-22. He received sparse playing time during his first two seasons, failing to record a snap in as a freshman and only seeing the field against then-No. 6 Texas A&M in the 2021 season.

Yet in 2022, Washington appeared in 11 out of 12 games for the Golden Flashes. He helped anchor an offensive line that helped Kent State average more than 400 total yards of offense per game and nearly five yards per carry.

Washington, who hails from Akron, Ohio, came out of St. Vincent-St. Mary High School in the class of 2020 as a three-star recruit and the No. 90 ranked prospect in the state of Ohio, per 247Sports. He was also rated the No. 193 overall offensive tackle in the nation by 247Sports. Washington was named the 2019 St. Vincent-St. Mary’s Offensive Lineman of the Year and is a former First-Team All-District selection.